While there are excellent community programs available, many citizens have difficulty finding the services they need. Service providers also face challenges trying to locate appropriate community services for their clients. BC211 and the United Way are very pleased to announce that Lower Mainland residents are now able to access 211 services that:
- Provide an easy, visible, and non-judgmental entry point for people looking for help, 24/7, 365 days of the year.
- Increase efficiency by helping callers to define their needs and by pointing them to the most appropriate places to find help.
- Relieve some of the burden on service providers by reducing the number of calls from people who are seeking services they do not provide.
- Help service providers connect their clients to additional services available from other organizations.
- Provide new information about needs and gaps in services that can help social planners, policy-makers, and funders make better decisions.
Visit their website or call 211 for assistance.
InfoChilliwack.ca is a website where you can access up to date information about the range of health and social services and programs that are available to residents of Chilliwack.
Are you a new mom? Moved to town? Welcome Wagon is a Canadian Tradition since 1930 & operates coast to coast in every Province & Territories. Welcome Wagon Representatives bring free gifts & civic information about our local community. This is a free service for:
- people moving to a new town
- new mom or mother-to-be
- getting married
- new business or manager
Please phone Carol at 604-858-4662. See their website.